Browse Exhibits (1 total)
In 1950, the New Kent Training School was renamed George W. Watkins School, and educated African American children from preschool through eleventh grade. The school played a part in the landmark school integration case of Green v. New Kent County. This collection follows the journey of this educational institution, African American educator Dr. George W. Watkins for whom the school was named, and the George Washington Watkins Alumni and Scholastic Association, Inc.
While some items in this collection are digital copies of originals, others are copies of photocopies. We have attempted to keep these images as true to the source documents as possible, and as legible as possible.
Clicking on the item names will open the item for viewing.